In This Issue
- Marching Band Step-off Meeting Tomorrow
- State Concert Band Festival This Friday
- Winter Guard Awards Banquet
- 2018 Marching Band Registration
- Submitting Band Fee Receipts
- Upcoming Events
- Upcoming Rehearsals
Marching Band Step-off Meeting Tomorrow
Marching band step-off meeting to tomorrow, May 1, at 7:00 PM in the Westlake auditorium. This is a mandatory meeting for parents and students who are registered for marching band.
Here is the schedule for tomorrow evening:
6:00 PM – Fittings for marching shoes and polo shirts
If your student is new to the program or has outgrown their current size, they will need marching shoes and a polo shirt. Fittings will be held in the area in front of the Westlake auditorium beginning at 6:00 PM.
6:30 PM – Color guard meeting
Nickelett Allen, our new color guard instructor, will be meeting with color guard and their parents briefly at 6:30 PM in the band room. This will be a brief meeting where she will introduce herself and go over a couple of items specific to color guard.
7:00 PM – Step-off meeting
Mr. Brady will announce the theme for this fall’s field show and review important information for the upcoming year.
We will continue with fittings for marching shoes and polo shirts after the meeting, if needed.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow!
State Concert Band Festival This Friday
State concert band festival is this Friday at Corner Canyon High School. Students should be in the band room at 9:00 AM in concert attire. Buses leave at 9:30 AM. Students should be back at school by 2:00 PM.
Symphonic Band performs at 11:00 AM and Wind Symphony at 12:30 AM, with pictures after each performance.
Students should bring a sack lunch to eat.
Winter Guard Awards Banquet
The winter guard awards banquet is this Wednesday, May 2, at 6:30 PM in the Westlake cafeteria.
2018 Marching Band Registration
Email reminders went out on Friday for students with incomplete items for marching band registration. We would like to have these items resolved by step-off meeting tomorrow. If you have any questions, please reply to this email so that we can help address those questions. Thank you.
Submitting Band Fee Receipts
When paying band fees, please send a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps us to cross-check records with the finance office to ensure that all band fees have been recorded correctly. You should also keep a copy of every receipt in your own records in case there is ever a question about your student’s account.
If you have paid your student’s deposit for marching band and have not submitted your receipt, please do that today. If your student is registered for marching band and you have not yet paid the deposit, today would be a great day to make the deposit and submit the receipt!
- May 1 – 6:30 PM – Color guard meeting
- May 1 – 7:00 PM – Marching band step-off meeting
- May 2 – 6:30 PM – Winter guard family banquet
- May 4 – 9:00 AM – State concert band festival
- May 9 – 7:00 PM – Utah Ambassadors of Music informational meeting
- May 15 – 7:00 PM – Performing arts end-of-year gala
- May 17 – 6:30 PM – Percussion spring concert (VHMS students at 6:30 PM, WHS students at 7:30 PM)
- May 31 – Graduation
- June 2 – Eagle Mountain parade
- June 9 – Saratoga Springs parade
- May 8 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- May 12 – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Basics camp
- May 15 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- May 16 – 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM – Percussion ensembles dress rehearsal
- May 17 – 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM – Percussion ensembles rehearsal (if needed)
- May 19 – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Basics camp
- May 22 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- May 29 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- June 1 – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Parade prep rehearsal