In This Issue
- 2018 Marching Band Registration
- Color Guard Auditions
- Marching Band Step-off Meeting
- Submitting Band Fee Receipts
- Clothing Drive Fundraiser
- Upcoming Events
- Upcoming Rehearsals
“Upcoming Rehearsals” is back! Through the end of the fall marching season, we will be listing rehearsals separate from other events to help you identify them.
2018 Marching Band Registration
Registrations for marching band are now past due. At last count, there were 35 students who had started marching band registration but had at least one incomplete item other than their physical. Physicals are due by June 1.
To finish any incomplete registration steps, go to https://registermyathlete.com/
Color Guard Auditions
Color guard auditions are being held this Friday, April 27, at 4:00 PM in the gyms at Westlake.
Marching Band Step-off Meeting
Marching band step-off meeting is Tuesday, May 1, at 7:00 PM in the Westlake auditorium. This is a mandatory meeting for parents and students who are registered for marching band.
During the step-off meeting, we review important information for the upcoming year and Mr. Brady will be announcing the theme for this fall’s field show. Before and after the meeting, we will be taking measurements for marching shoes and polo shirts for those who are new or need a new size.
Please put this important meeting on your calendar.
Submitting Band Fee Receipts
When paying band fees, please send a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps us to cross-check records with the finance office to ensure that all band fees have been recorded correctly. You should also keep a copy of every receipt in your own records in case there is ever a question about your student’s account.
If you have paid your student’s deposit for marching band and have not submitted your receipt, please do that today. If your student is registered for marching band and you have not yet paid the deposit, today would be a great day to make the deposit and submit the receipt!
Clothing Drive Fundraiser
Thank you to everyone who participated in the clothing drive fundraiser. We raised $2,300 which will be used to purchase food to feed students and staff at competitions this fall. We are hoping to find another fundraiser to raise funds for new uniform racks. If you have ideas that have worked well elsewhere, please share!
- April 28 – State solo and ensemble
- May 1 – 7:00 PM – Marching band step-off meeting
- May 2 – Winter guard family banquet
- May 4 – State concert band festival
- May 15 – 7:00 PM – Performing arts end-of-year gala
- May 17 – 6:30 PM – Percussion spring concert (VHMS students at 6:30 PM, WHS students at 7:30 PM)
- May 31 – Graduation
- June 2 – Eagle Mountain parade
- April 25 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Drumline / pit rehearsal
- May 8 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- May 12 – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Basics camp
- May 15 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- May 16 – 2:30 PM to 6:30 PM – Percussion ensembles dress rehearsal
- May 17 – 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM – Percussion ensembles rehearsal (if needed)
- May 19 – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Basics camp
- May 22 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- May 29 – 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Marching band rehearsal
- June 1 – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM – Parade prep rehearsal
You are receiving this email because of your association with the Westlake High School band program. If you no longer have a student at Westlake or wish to be removed from the mailing list, contact us at email@example.com or reply to this message to be removed from the mailing list.