In This Issue
- Winter Guard Competition Help Wanted – This Saturday
- 2018 Marching Band Registration and Parent Meeting
- Booster Meeting Report
- Meet Mr. Brady and Booster Meeting April 11
- Rose Parade Photos and Videos
- Upcoming Events
Winter Guard Competition Help Wanted – This Saturday
This Saturday, March 17, our winter guard program is hosting a competition at Westlake. This is a large event that requires a lot of volunteers to keep it running smoothly.
We appreciate those who have already signed up to help. There are still several spots that need to be filled. There are a variety of positions to be filled throughout the day and many of these can be filled by students.
Please take a look at the sign-up list and see if there are spots where you or your student can help make this a successful competition.
2018 Marching Band Registration and Parent Meeting
Registration for the 2018 marching band season begins on Wednesday, March 28, and must be completed by Friday, April 13. Please see the flyer attached to this email for more information.
There is a meeting for new and prospective marching band parents at 6:00 PM on Thursday, March 29, at Vista Heights Middle School. This is an opportunity for parents of prospective students at Vista Heights, Frontier, and Westlake to ask questions and visit with experienced marching band parents.
Please share this information with parents of students you know who may be interested in participating in this year’s season.
Booster Meeting Report
The band boosters met last Thursday, March 8. During that meeting the bylaws were amended and next year’s officers were elected. Meeting minutes are included with this email.
The updated bylaws are available at https://www.thunderband.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-19-Westlake-Band-Booster-Association-Bylaws.docx.
The following officers were elected for the 2018-19 year:
- President – Steve Gallafent
- Logistics – Sharon Mardesich
- Finance – Chrissy Karn
- Fundraising -Shiree Dome
- Communications – Heather Jordan
- Food Services – Becky Barney
- Equipment/Transportation – David Duke
- Design – Danielle Lovejoy
- Uniforms – Tawnya Mayo
- Color Guard – Aimie Furse & Beckie Perry
- Secretary – Cindi Arnold
Meet Mr. Brady and Booster Meeting April 11
Our next booster meeting is Wednesday, April 11, at 7:30 PM in the band room. Before the meeting, we will have an opportunity for parents and students to meet Mr. Brady beginning at 6:00 PM.
Rose Parade Photos and Videos
Rose Parade photos and videos are available from your student’s band director. If your student has not brought theirs home, please remind them to pick it up from the band room. We will have any remaining sets out at our next concert if they are not picked up by that time.
- March 16 – 2:30 PM – Percussion rehearsal and load equipment
- March 17 – 8:00 AM – Day of Percussion (Juan Diego High School)
- March 23–24 – State jazz festival
- March 28 – Region band festival (Bingham High School)
- March 29 – 3:00 PM – Drumline / pit clinic
- April 2–6 – Spring break
- April 9 – 3:00 PM – Drumline / pit clinic
- April 11–15 – Winter guard WGI finals trip
- April 16 – 3:00 PM – Drumline / pit clinic
- April 17 – 7:00 PM – Spring band concert
You are receiving this email because of your association with the Westlake High School band program. If you no longer have a student at Westlake or wish to be removed from the mailing list, contact us at email@example.com or reply to this message to be removed from the mailing list.